FDA Fact Sheet: Voluntary Qualified Importer Progra- Draft Guidance At-a-Glance
A voluntary, fee-based program for the expedited review and importation of foods from importers who achieve and maintain a high level of control over the safety and security of their supply chains.
See more information on:
- Who is eligible?
- What kinds of foods are allowed under VQIP?
- Benefits of participating
- What would necessitate a ‘For Cause’ examination of a VQIP food?
- What is my VQIP Quality Assurance Program (QAP)?
- How soon will I receive benefits?
- How do I apply?
- Is there a user fee to participate in VQIP?
- Can the FDA revoke my participation in VQIP and how will I be notified?
- Can I obtain reinstatement of my participation in VQIP after a revocation?