Working Safely Around Hazardous Substances For the Fruit and Vegetable Preserving and Specialty Manufacturing Industry
This manual provides important guidelines for working safely around hazardous substances, including chemicals, hot liquids and steam.
Safety tips, along with real accident reports, have been combined to give you a better understanding of the risks of working around hazardous substances and what you can do to avoid accidents. Use this manual along with hands-on safety training, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs), labels and the equipment operator's manual.
- Lesson 1: Take Control of Your Own Safety
- Lesson 2: Avoid Skin and Eye Contact With Hazardous Substances
- Lesson 3: Avoid Breathing Hazardous Substances
- Lesson 4: Avoid Swallowing Hazardous Substances
- Lesson 5: Avoid Fire and Explosions
- Lesson 6: Working Safely with Hazardous Substances