Nutrient Management for Blueberries in Oregon
This publication addresses nutrient management of northern highbush blueberries in western Oregon. Where data are available to support management differences by blueberry type, this information is provided. The following questions are addressed in this publication. These questions should be answered before any fertilizer is applied.
- How much fertilizer should be applied?
- When should the fertilizer be applied (timing)?
- What source (type) of nitrogen should be applied?
- What method of application should be used?
- Growing condition assumptions
- Tissue testing
- Interpreting tissue test results
- Soil sampling
- Site preparation
- pH and manganese
- Calcium, Magnesium, Sulfur, Boron, Zinc, Copper, Iron